I have no idea what happened to my last several posts which explained why I would be absent for a bit, and I haven’t checked the blog so I didn’t know they were missing. Also I apparently thought I had done more explaining and checking out than I had actually done. I am so sorry to everyone that I left hanging. I have no excuse except that I had so many things going on at once, I missed a few things. My humblest apologies to all my faithful fans who’ve still been checking in. I love you too.
In a nutshell, PhD applications were kicking my ass (mostly because I had to coordinate so many outside elements, like letters of rec, etc.), my fall classes required reading a book roughly every other day (ending in a 65 page paper), I had ankle and foot problems which kept me from running, I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition that still isn’t under control, my mom needed help with a very bad situation that was making her ill, and then I took her on a trip to Europe for three weeks. I had to take a break from the farm, the website, the podcast and ThisDishIsVeg. Sorry.
1. All the PhD applications are in, now is the nerve-wracking wait. Applied to 7 schools. Cross your fingers. I find out in March.
2. I have to start reading for my thesis but not as much since some of it is already done.
3. I’ve had to stop running in favor of walking. I also got a mini trampoline.
4. I have appointments set up for next Monday with a new endocrinologist. Hopefully this one will respect the fact that I’m vegan.
5. Mom has decided to move away from California and to go somewhere she loves and a good friend is going with her. (The exact location is a secret for now.)
6. We are back in New York and can stop running from airport to airport.
Added Bonus: I have been writing all kinds of recipes for the cookbook, Walt and I ordered our seeds for this year’s planting (more on this later) and I have added a specialization to my scholarship (New Orleans on Film.)
Thank you for sticking around. More coming very soon.